Just a few weeks ago, gyms wooed new customers with great deals. Now athletes can no longer train there without any problems.
Because the number of corona cases in Germany is rising sharply and the intensive care units are full, the state governments have now decided on strict restrictions.
For the most part, only vaccinated and healthy people are allowed to stay indoors. Exceptions apply to basic suppliers such as supermarkets, pharmacy branches, pharmacies or petrol stations.
- Read related to the topic:
Gym Workout: This applies in the federal states
IN Saxony Gyms remain closed for the time being.
Exceptions apply to rehabilitation sports and medically necessary treatments, which can continue to take place in accordance with the 2G rule (vaccinated and recovered).
In other federal states, 2G Plus applies to gyms. Therefore, access is only granted to those who have been vaccinated and recovered and who must present negative rapid tests in addition to their certificates. If you train every day, you need a fresh fast test every day.
Many companies give athletes a self-test on the spot, which they then perform under supervision at the reception. If the result is negative, they can train. FOCUS Online Advisor: Schedule enough time for your training in the studio.
2G Plus is valid in Bavaria, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Thuringia (if more than 51 people train at the same time).
The 2G principle is more common in Germany. Only vaccinated and healthy people have access here. An additional test is not required and will not be accepted as access. This excludes the unvaccinated and those who have not recovered.
2G is currently valid in Baden-Württemberg (with mask requirement), Berlin, Bremen, Hesse (with mask requirement), Hamburg, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig Holstein and Thuringia (up to 50 people and with mask requirements).
IN Brandenburg uses 3G. Unvaccinated and unrepaired people need a negative fast antigen test or a PCR test. Those who have recovered and those who have been vaccinated should only show their proof (as with 2G). An additional rapid antigen test is not necessary.
Corona rules for sauna and indoor pool
Saunas, solariums and indoor pools are currently only closed in Saxony. Otherwise:
- Baden-Württemberg: depending on the instance 2G + or closed
- Bavaria: depending on the instance 2G + or closed
- Berlin: 2G for indoor pools, saunas and solariums
- Brandenburg: 3G applies to sauna and indoor pool
- Bremen: 2G applies for the most part
- Hamburg: Saunas, steam baths and wellness offers on 2G +, with 2G there are strict access restrictions
- Hesse: 2G applies for the most part
- Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: depending on the instance 2G + or closed
- Lower Saxony:
- North Rhine-Westphalia: depending on the instance 2G, 2G + or closed
- Rhineland-Palatinate: 2G applies for the most part
- Saarland: 2G applies for the most part
- Saxony: closed
- Saxony-Anhalt: 2G applies for the most part
- Schleswig Holstein: 2G applies for the most part
- Thuringia: currently 2G, depending on the length of the instance may remain closed
You should always pack this in your sports bag!
In addition to your access card and sportswear, you should also bring mouth and nose protection. Masks are mandatory in many companies. Because you sweat when you exercise, it helps to change your mask regularly.
You should also take your vaccination card, vaccination certificate or recovery certificate with you.
In almost all federal states, the submission obligation applies to enrollment in the study. It’s easier if you save your certificates in the CovPass app or the Corona-Warn app. Then you always have your proof at hand. You can download both apps here.
You should also have an identification document on hand so that employees can compare the details with your photo and your name.
If your picture appears on the gym access card and your full first and last name are on it as well, you usually do not need another document. If you used a nickname or middle name when registering for the first time, you may need to provide ID
- case example: Konstanin-Alexander Müller is in the CovPass app. On the access card, however, Koni Müller.
For the operators, a task is not immediately clear. It is better to change the name of the access card here or to show an identification document.