Borussia Dortmund are surprisingly separated from coach Rose
Marco Rose is no longer the coach of Borussia Dortmund. He first took over the team last summer. Now the necessary conviction is no longer available. A successor has already been found.
NAfter just one year, Borussia Dortmund and coach Marco Rose have split up. This was announced by BVB on Friday afternoon, one day after the major internal season analysis. Dortmund had finished second in the championship but had no chance of winning the title. With a lead of eight points, Bayern became German champions again this year.
In the cup tournaments, the team failed early and sometimes gloomily. In the Champions League, BVB was knocked out after the preliminary round. In the subsequent qualification for the knockout phase of the Europa League, Dortmund failed in the finalists, Glasgow Rangers. In the DFB Cup it was over after the round of 16 in FC St. Pauli.
“Borussia Dortmund and coach Marco Rose are ending their collaboration,” BVB said. This is “the result of an intensive seasonal analysis on Thursday”. All of the club’s key decision makers attended the meeting. The news comes as a surprise as Rose’s superiors have repeatedly assured him of their support in recent weeks. Dortmund’s former head coach and sporting director from this summer, Sebastian Kehl, recently said: “I can clearly say that I am planning the upcoming season with Marco.”
Now is the turn. “This day is not easy for all of us, because the mutual respect between each other was, is and will be great,” says club manager Hans-Joachim Watzke: “After a season that was unsatisfactory for various reasons, we had to realize that we was in many. We did not get the best out of our opportunities in some areas. “
Everything now points to Terzic
Rose was also quoted by BVB: “Despite a difficult season with many unmanageable things, I was convinced of our path. During our conversation, I got the impression that all those responsible 100% conviction is no longer there. In the end, decided we therefore end the collaboration together. ”
Rose’s assistant coach Alexander Zickler as well as René Maric and sports coach Patrick Eibenberger are also leaving Dortmund. BVB wants to hold talks about the composition of the upcoming coaching team in the coming days.
Edin Terzic, who had already coached the team for six months after Lucien Favre’s dismissal and won the DFB Cup with her last year, must be the favorite. Nevertheless, Dortmund Rose committed from rival Borussia Mönchengladbach. Terzic, former assistant coach under Favre, stayed at the club and was appointed technical director. According to Sky and “Ruhr Nachrichten”, the decision for Terzic has already been made at the club and should be announced on Saturday.
Borussia Dortmund’s coaches since 1991
- Ottmar Hitzfeld July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1997
- Nevio Scala July 1, 1997 to June 30, 1998
- Michael Skibbe July 1, 1998 to February 4, 2000
- Bernd Krauss February 5, 2000 to April 12, 2000
- Udo Lattek April 16, 2000 to June 30, 2000
- Matthias Sammer 1 July 2000 to 30 June 2004
- Bert van Marwijk 1 July 2004 to 18 December 2006
- Jürgen Röber December 19, 2006 to March 12, 2007
- Thomas Doll March 13, 2007 to May 19, 2008
- Jurgen Klopp 1 July 2008 to 30 June 2015
- Thomas Tuchel July 1, 2015 to May 30, 2017
- Peter Bosz 6 June 2017 to 10 December 2017
- Peter Stöger 10 December 2017 to 30 June 2018
- Lucien Favre July 1, 2018 to December 13, 2020
- Edin Terzic December 14, 2020 to June 30, 2021
- Marco Rose July 1, 2021 to May 20, 2022