The benefits of a sports drink bottle for fitness and co.
Whether it’s in the gym, on walks or by bike – especially when we play sports, we need to drink enough. Then the body loses a lot of fluid during exercise by sweating, which we can then give back to him with sufficient water. If we do not drink enough during sports, our concentration suffers, we get headaches and have less strength.
That’s why you should always drink enough water for fitness and co. Of course, it is best if you use a recyclable water bottle for this instead of using disposable bottles. That’s a lot in the long run cheaper, because you can easily fill tap water or iso drinks from the gym in your water bottle. On top of that, you too make the environment happy. If you take good care of your water bottle and if it is of good quality, you will have some of it for a very long time and you will not always need disposable bottles.
Another benefit of drinking bottles: You can not only use them for sports, but take them with you to the office or on a trip. There are countless different models that are particularly suitable for your needs. We will introduce you to five of our favorite drinking bottles.
You should be aware of this with a sports drink bottle
Which water bottle is right for you, depends on several factors. If you want to take the bottle on a hike, it must be particularly light in your luggage. If you take it on a bike ride, it should be easy to open with one hand, so you can quickly freshen up in between. And when it comes to fitness in the gym, it can help to have a water bottle that holds extra water for long workouts. Our tip: You can then use the full water bottle as extra weight during muscle training.
Let’s first look at the material of the drinking bottle. We clarify which material is suitable for what.
- stainless steel: Stainless steel drinking bottles have a good thermal function. They keep your drinks cool and can often even keep hot drinks warm. But the biggest advantage: They are particularly stable and unbreakable.
- tritan: The plastic Tritan is especially popular for the production of drinking bottles. The material is light, tasteless and stable.
- aluminum: A drinking bottle made of aluminum is usually particularly light. If you want to save weight on long walks or when climbing, the aluminum bottle is very suitable for you. The only downside: Many aluminum bottles give off an aftertaste that can leave the drink a little bitter.
- Glass: Although glass bottles look very nice, they are quite impractical for sports. If you do not take care, the glass of the bottle can break and that is it with the beautiful water bottle. Warning: Here there is an increased risk of injury.
But there are other factors that you should consider when choosing your water bottle. What may also be important to you:
- drinking cap: For training, it is easiest to have a water bottle that can be opened with just one hand using the lock button. A screw cap is very tight, but it takes longer to open and close the bottle.
- mouthpiece: The opening of the drinking bottle determines how well and easily you can drink from the drinking bottle. There are narrow and wide openings. Many people find that a straw is particularly useful as a mouthpiece when practicing sports, because by sucking it can determine exactly how much they want to drink at the moment.
- wrist strap: Some drinking bottles also have a strap to carry the bottle. This is very convenient if you take the bottle from machine to machine in the gym or want it on hand on hikes.
- filter: Some sports bottles also come with an integrated filter. Here you can, for example, add fruits that give your water a little more flavor.
- size: The size of the sports bottle is also very important as it determines how much you can drink and how often you need to refill. Most sports drink bottles hold at least 650 milliliters. But there are also sizes up to 2.2 liters.
The 5 best sports drink bottles in comparison
We have taken a closer look at the selection of drinking bottles and presented them to you here our five favorites suitable for any sport. Which one is your favorite?