Strength training at home: the best exercises and tips
Do you want to stay in shape? Strength training at home is a good option – also to save on the cost of the gym. With these simple but effective exercises, you can also do it, with or without extra equipment.
Doing something good for your health is always good, especially if you are having fun with it, because after the age of 25, the body starts to lose muscle mass. This means that body fat accumulates more easily. Reason enough to start with your own fitness and muscle building. Strength training is a sensible thing that you can do at home or in the gym to actively keep your body in shape and to strengthen your overall movement and posture. Always and wherever you can best motivate yourself to train.
If you think it’s too late for you, then think again, it’s never too late to start fitness and exercise to build muscle and lose something, it never hurts. The good thing about strength training at home is that it also allows you to do a lot of exercises with and without equipment, and it also saves money in the long run that you might otherwise have spent in the gym.
The more often you do your training and the exercises associated with it, the more your body and your self-esteem will benefit from it, in addition to your physical fitness. Over time, your strength training at home will become routine, try to stop training and keep looking for incentives for new exercises to add variety and avoid boredom in your strength training at home.
Good reasons for private strength training
- You exercise and live healthier.
- Excuses like “It’s wet outside, too cold, etc.” to skip the exercises no longer counts.
- You become more disciplined with practice.
- Your body and fitness will change positively and you will feel better and more comfortable as a result.
- You become more active and excited to constantly be able to see your body’s progress.
- You get a better and new feeling for your own body.
- You seem more confident.
- You can perform better than before and build strength.
- They gain respect and recognition.
Strength training at home: Effective exercises
With strength training at home, you can finally save yourself a trip to the gym. Even better, no rain in the world will ruin your desire to train because you no longer have to go out to train at home to build muscle and train your strength and endurance.
The following exercises train the whole body. This includes in addition to the abdomen, legs, buttocks also the back. Expensive equipment does not play a role in your strength training at home. Just one training mat you need for your strength training. With the help of dumbbells you can change the effectiveness and difficulty of some exercises. But as a beginner, it is enough if you only train with your own body weight, because it is unusual and exhausting enough for your body in the beginning. Exercising hard always pays off, you will see: Your strength training at home has a lot of effects, above all, your fitness and your body will benefit more than from it.
Important in advance:
- Train strength training at home slowly and in a controlled manner. You can still improve your performance over time as long as you continue to perform the exercises correctly.
- Repeat the exercises between ten and 15 times with three rounds each, e.g. B. 3 x 10 crunches. Take a minute break between each new set.
- Depending on how confident you feel in the exercises, you can also do them with dumbbells and look for other exercises.
- Continue strength training at home. Your body will thank you.
Exercise 1: Squats
Muscles worked: Hamstrings and glutes
- Stand shoulder-width apart with your back straight and slowly bend your knees.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and return to the starting position. Then repeat the exercise. This promotes muscle growth in the thighs and buttocks.
2. Motion: Crunches
Trained muscles: the whole abdomen
- Lie on your back, hands over your ears and straighten your legs. Your upper body is tilted forward towards your knees, your stomach tense.
- Now lift your legs with your own body strength and without momentum and bring your knees to your upper body.
- Then lower the knees and torso again, but without failing them completely, and repeat the exercise. And the muscle building for a flat stomach starts!
Exercise 3: pelvic bridge
Muscles worked: Hamstrings, glutes and lower back
- Lie flat on your back with your arms relaxed next to your torso.
- Place your feet hip-width apart and lift your pelvis so that your body forms a straight line. Abdomen, back and buttocks are tight throughout the exercise.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, then lower the pelvis without lifting it completely and push it straight up again.
Exercise 4: climbers
Trained muscles: the whole body
- Put yourself in a push-up position. Your arms are under your shoulders, your back is straight and your legs are straight.
- Now alternately pull your left and then your right knee up to your chest, as if you were putting one leg in front of the other leg when climbing a mountain. Only your toes touch the ground. With this exercise you train the whole body.
Exercise 5: Push-ups
Muscles worked: Core muscles
- Lie on your stomach. Your legs are straight, your palms are at chest height, and your fingers are pointing forward.
- Now push your torso up. Your back stays straight throughout the exercise.
- Then slowly lower your torso down again without resting it on the mat and then straight up again. The perfect exercise for your strength training at home!
Exercise 6: reverse fly
Muscles worked: upper back
- Lie on your stomach. Straighten your arms, feet on your toes.
- Now lift your arms and upper body and pull your elbows back so that there is a right angle between your shoulders and elbows.
- Lower your arms and upper body again without touching the floor. Repeat the exercise. An exercise that everyone likes to do for their fitness!
Exercise 7: planks
Trained muscles: the whole body
- Lie on your stomach. Your elbows are just below your shoulders.
- Then push yourself off the floor so that your body is in a straight line.
- Hold the position for at least 30 seconds. The best exercise to build muscle throughout the body!
Strength training at home with equipment
Do you want to expand your strength training at home with appropriate equipment and make your training even more effective? Then these devices are just right for you and your fitness:
fitness tracker: With heart rate measurement, you can better track your calorie consumption, optimize your workouts and identify health trends. The fitness tracker shows you your calorie consumption and the steps you have taken during the day at all times, including during and after strength training at home. A great device for anyone who wants to keep an eye on their fitness.
boiler clocks: If you incorporate kettlebells into your strength training at home, you can train your strength and endurance, speed, mobility and coordination skills. Kettlebells can be incorporated into various exercises super quickly and easily.
resistance band: With the versatile talent among the devices, you can train almost anything, whether it is tri- or biceps, back, legs, buttocks or shoulders. The resistance band is super easy to use for strength training at home.
training ball: Exercise balls are especially suitable for training abdominal muscles at home or for adopting a healthy posture while working out.
push-up rods: Push-up grip is a super gentle alternative to exercises such as arm bends, which people like a lot in strength training at home, for anyone who has problems or has a little strength in the wrists.
vibration plate: The vibration plate activates the deeper muscles in the body during strength training at home and reduces body fat.
blackroll: A Blackroll is a miracle and healing remedy for tension and adhesions in the muscles or fascia. A popular piece of equipment – also away from strength training at home.
Note: This article was first published on brigitte.de
You may also be interested in:
This article contains so-called affiliate links. Further information is available here.