Summer is coming! Slowly but surely. Use the hot time and bring light and delicious dishes to the table. Combine with protein, superfood seeds and valuable oils and make a fitness salad as a main course. Your health, your well-being and your waist will thank you. We have put together delicious recipes and dressings that you can enjoy this summer. Try it! Enjoy your meal!
Fitness salad to lose weight: Low in calories as a main course
Our salad recipes are low in calories, healthy and suitable for losing weight. The ingredients listed are for one serving, so you can easily calculate and prepare the number of servings you want.
Radicchio iceberg lettuce with cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and chicken breast fillet
This delicious salad is a successful combination of the intense, sour taste of radicchio, similar to red cabbage, with the freshness of iceberg lettuce, which tastes quite neutral. The chicken breast fillet provides filling proteins and goes perfectly with the sour sweet, fruity cherry tomatoes. Pine kernels, healthy power food kernels, give the composition the special accent. What do you need for this:
- 100 g iceberg lettuce
- 100 g radicchio
- 150 g chicken breast fillet
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 30 g roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed organic olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fry the chicken breasts in sesame oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan until well done and brown on the outside. When cutting the fillet, it should not be pink inside, but white in color. Cut the finished fillets into strips and drizzle a little of the lemon juice over.
- Roast the pine nuts in another pan without adding fat for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Wash lettuce, iceberg and radicchio and cut into strips. Mix them together with the pine nuts in a salad bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice with olive oil, salt and pepper and distribute evenly throughout the salad.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and fold them in carefully.
- Serve the chicken fillet strips on the salad.
Fitness Salad: Salad with arugula, with roasted hazelnuts and quail eggs
A very fresh salad with the spicy aroma of hazelnuts and exquisite mini eggs. Ingredients:
- 3-4 quail eggs
- 100 g of salad
- 50 g arugula
- 30 g roasted hazelnuts
- 100 g couscous
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- To prevent the quail eggs from bursting during cooking, prick them very carefully with an egg notch before cooking. Put them in the boiling water, cover them a little, for 5-7 minutes, then they are hard-boiled. Peel them and cut the eggs in half.
- For the couscous, boil 100ml of water and pour in the couscous. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn up the heat and let the pan swell covered on the still hot stove for about 10 minutes. Then stir in the olive oil, half of the lemon juice, mint and parsley as soon as the couscous has cooled. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a non-fat pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- For the dressing, simply use a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice, with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, first place the green salad on the plate. Use an ice cream spoon to arrange the couscous in the center of the salad, surround it with quail eggs and then sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts. Enjoy your meal!
Endive salad with cucumber, red grapefruit and cheese cubes on red lentil tofu
Make yourself a delicious red lentil tofu and combine it with endive salad and cucumber. Serve with a light yogurt dressing. Ingredients:
- 125 g lenses
- 250 g of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 g endive salad
- 150 g cucumber
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 red grapefruit
- 50 g cheese cubes
- 100 ml organic natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- For the lentil tofu, use the coffee grinder and grind the lentils into flour. First mix the turmeric powder with the black pepper and then with the lentil flour.
- Divide the water in half, bring one half to a boil on the stove and mix the lentil flour in the other half. Then pour the mixture into the boiling water and simmer for about 6 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly. Then place the mass in a flat refractory dish, press it down evenly and let it cool and get its shape.
- Cut the endive, cucumber and mix in the apple cider vinegar, pumpkin seed oil and cheese cubes.
- Peel the grapefruit and cut the flesh into mouth-sized pieces. Sprinkle them on the salad.
- When the lentil tofu has cooled, cut it into strips and serve on top of the salad.
- For the dressing, simply mix the yoghurt with 50 ml of water and season with salt and pepper.
We wish you a good appetite with a delicious fitness salad.