NFL Recap: Washington Football Team Vs. Seattle Seahawks 17:15 – Despite a wild finish

Despite a chaotic final phase, the Washington Football Team won the Monday Night Game in week 12 17:15 against the Seattle Seahawks and thus got a playoff spot for the time being. Particularly amazing was how unimaginative the guests acted offensively over long stretches of the match.

After fruitless drives on both sides, Washington launched a series of attacks that lasted nearly ten minutes. In the end, though, there was only one 23-yard field goal.

The Seahawks responded with a couple of explosive plays, including a 56-yard pass from Russell Wilson to Tyler Lockett on an intersecting route. A little later, Wilson then found tight-end Gerald Everett for a 6-yard touchdown pass – also on a crossing route.

The game fell into chaos in the second quarter. Taylor Heinicke threw a rejected interception to Jamal Adams – Quandre Diggs was also involved – and just two games later the Seahawks returned the ball. Alex Collins lost a fumble that linebacker Cole Holcomb caught on his own half.

After that, the home team marched into the red zone again within the last two minutes before the break, and Heinicke eventually found running back JD McKissic for a 10-yard touchdown. The drive was aided by several penalties against the Seahawks, including a team penalty on the 3rd down and roughing of passes on edge-rusher Rasheem Green.

Washington Football Team: Kicker injured after blocked extra points

However, the subsequent extra point was blocked by the same Green – Green then even led the leather into the opposite end zone and made it 9: 9 at the break. When he tried to rush after Green when he returned, kicker Joey Slye also injured his hind thigh and was out after the break. Head coach Ron Rivera gave the opposite ESPN even indicates that Slye would only be available for extra points if any. However, this never happened in practice.

After the break, the home team stopped the Seahawks 3-and-out and then marched toward the goal zone again for nearly five minutes. McKissic again scored a 10-yard touchdown, this time on the floor. Rivera then opted for a two-point conversion. Antonio Gibson took over and brought the lead to 17: 9.

As a result, the Seahawks for a long time bit their teeth into the Washington defense, while Washington was only sporadically effective offensively. That changed during the fourth quarter when the home team shut down one of their dreaded endless drives. After nearly nine minutes and 16 games, Washington finally played a 4 ‘and goal on the 3′, but Logan Thomas’ presumed TD catch became an incomplete pass after a review, and the Seahawks got the ball without timeouts shortly before the two-minute warning. back again. .

And the Seahawks took that chance. Wilson shot his team down the field again and eventually fired a 32-yard touchdown pass down the middle to Freddie Swain. The subsequent two-point conversion failed, however, because Kendall Fuller intercepted Wilson’s pass in the end zone. Seattle then even got the onside kicked, but was punished for an illegal formation. The second attempt ended in Washington, which ended the game.

Washington thus occupies 7th place in the NFC and would now have had the last wildcard in the conference, but now has to worry about McKissic being injured in the team’s last drive. A diagnosis is still awaiting.

Leave a Comment