Play, set and match for Xbox Game Pass! Another ace lands in Microsoft’s subscription service.
Publisher Kalypso Media announces that the long-awaited immersive tennis simulation Matchpoint – Tennis Championships from developer Torus Games will be available on Day 1 for release on July 7, 2022 for console, PC and cloud with Xbox Game Pass.
Kalypso Media is pleased to announce the agreement with Microsoft for the successful subscription service.
Simon Hellwig, owner and CEO of Kalypso Media, says: “We are very pleased that Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will already be available to Xbox Game Pass customers with Windows PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X by the official release date on July 7, 2022 | S consoles and we can bring our new tennis franchise to so many players around the world. “
Thanks to the authentic gameplay and the realistic implementation, the modern tennis simulator offers an exciting and dynamic gaming experience. If you want to prove yourself on the tennis court, you can compete against other players and swing the racket in 65 tournaments spread across 26 stadiums.
Upon release, 16 licensed tennis stars will be available. The brand new trailer provides an exciting insight:
- The Entrance to the Professional Tennis World: Matchpoint Tennis Championships offers a comprehensive career mode with a unique performance-based ranking system.
- Create your own 3D tennis star:Players can customize the appearance, tennis clothing and style of play of their own tennis star (eg left- or right-handed, single- or double-sided backhand).
- Dominance on the court as tennis professionals: Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 international tennis stars from the professional tournament scene such as Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori and Amanda Anisimova.
- Individual customization options for equipment and clothing: Whether rackets, shoes or clothes, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers a large selection of well-known tennis brands such as. Babolat, YONAX, HOVED and many more. In addition, unique gear can be unlocked by winning competitive matches.
- Mastering all types of punches and punching techniques – the key to success: Topspin, flat, lob or disc hit – your tactical decision determines the outcome of the rally.
- Local or online matches: Players can expect challenging AI opponents and exciting tennis duels against their friends and rivals
- Analysis of the opponent’s moves and tactics: Players can see their opponents up close to see their strengths and weaknesses and gain a tactical advantage.
- The innovative coaching systemWhether you want to develop strengths or eliminate weaknesses, each of the available tennis coaches puts special focus on specific skills and improves them through selected training modules.
- Perfect your own tactics in training mode and in mini-games: In training mode and various mini-games, players can practice Serve & Volley, Baseliner, Serve, Volleys, Crosses & Drives, Longline & Cross and many other common tennis tactics.
- Exhibition matches at world-renowned venues around the globe: No two tennis courts are alike– adaptation to the properties of the different track surfaces such as grass, clay and hard tracks is a must
- Capture the highlights of the match forever:Whether breakball or the crucial point in a match, the toughest rallies can be captured on camera.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will be released on July 7, 2022 from day 1 for console, PC and cloud with Xbox Game Pass and other platforms.