Saxony wants to relax strict corona rules, Saxony-Anhalt does not use 2G plus in gastronomy

According to MPK: Saxony wants to relax strict corona rules, Saxony-Anhalt does not use 2G plus in gastronomy

Dresden.Saxony plans to significantly ease its protection measures against the corona virus. At an evening meeting in Dresden on Friday, the government agreed on key points. Among other things, cultural institutions and hotels should reopen from 14 January with the 2G-plus rule, if the situation in the hospitals allows it. Access is then given to those who have recovered and those who have been vaccinated with an additional test.

Read more after the ad

Read more after the ad

Anyone who has a booster vaccination, is up to 18 years old or has only recovered three months ago or has been vaccinated twice does not need a test. 2G plus should also apply to catering, trade fairs, congresses and sports indoors – in some areas with a limit on the number of participants.

The Saxon state government thus follows the resolutions of the Prime Minister’s Conference (MPK) on Friday – like most federal states. Following the deliberations, the Prime Minister of Saxony, Michael Kretschmer (CDU), made it clear that the rules should be relaxed for reasons of proportionality. “In a constitutional state, we do not have the option to close too forever,” he said.

Read more after the ad

Read more after the ad

But there is a security mechanism in Saxony, reports “Leipziger Volkszeitung”. If federal hospitals are congested, theaters, cinemas, museums and gyms will have to close again. This level is reached when 420 beds in the normal wards of the clinics and 1300 beds in the intensive care units are occupied.

Regardless of the incidence, 200 people should now be able to attend stationary meetings instead of the previous 10. If hospitals are below the congestion level for five consecutive days, up to 1000 people can demonstrate and no longer need to stay in one place.

Sachsen-Anhalt does not implement 2G plus

The current corona measures remain for the time being in Saxony-Anhalt. This means that there will be no further testing for those who have recovered and those who have been vaccinated in the restaurant industry. Unlike in other federal states, there is almost only the delta variant in Saxony-Anhalt, which is why new measures are not necessary in the first place, said Prime Minister Reiner Haseloff (CDU) on Friday in Magdeburg after the federal state conference.

“It is our job to find differentiated solutions.” Saxony-Anhalt does not go alone. Everyone finds their own timing to suit the situation, Haseloff stressed.

Read more after the ad

Read more after the ad

“Now comes a time of uncertainty”: The analysis of the new Corona resolutions

Some new rules were adopted in the federal round. Deputy RND Editor-in-Chief Eva Quadbeck gives her assessment.

The current current state executive order should, as planned, remain in force until 18 April. remain in force in January. Prime Minister and Health Minister Petra Grimm-Benne (SPD) said Saxony-Anhalt would insist that people boosted with 2G plus should show a negative test. In other countries, those who have been vaccinated and those who have recovered are exempt from the obligation to be tested after a booster vaccination.

The 2G-Plus rule applies nationwide for gastronomy

In the fight against the omicron variant of the corona virus, which is spreading rapidly in Germany, the access rules for restaurants, cafés and pubs are being tightened. The federal government and heads of state agreed that a 2G-plus rule should apply nationwide in the future, regardless of the number of infections. Those who have been vaccinated and those who have recovered must then show a daily negative coronal test or a booster vaccination. However, not all countries want to participate. Haseloff pointed out that no exact date had been identified.

According to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI), 722 new infections were registered in Saxony-Anhalt within a day. However, not all counties reported it, as was said last Friday. RKI reported the number of detected cases of the new omicron variant at seven.

Read more after the ad

Read more after the ad

There were also 42 suspected cases identified by variant-specific PCR tests. The seven-day incidence was 255.9 in the country as of Friday and 303.4 nationally. On public holidays – such as the recent Christmas and New Year’s Eve – the authorities expect a delay in reporting.

RND / dpa / ch

Leave a Comment