Do you have no idea about football, neither the rules nor the highlights of the world’s biggest stand-alone sporting event? Then you’re right here. Our cheat sheets will get you through Super Bowl night.
The Super Bowl is one of the biggest sporting events in the world. Also in Germany, more and more tuners in when the spectacular season finale is on the doorstep. This time it is recorded SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California – just a few miles from Los Angeles. It hit them Cincinnati Bengals against Los Angeles Rams on eachother. For the Rams, it’s a home game at their own stadium – only the second time in NFL history. About 70,000 people will be present at the stadium. This is the 15th meeting between the two teams. The Bengals have won eight times and the Rams six times.
The most important rules
1. Each team can field eleven players. The team consists of up to 50 people.
2. The quarterback is the star of the field. He announces the moves and distributes the balls. Everyone should do as he says.
Each team has four attempts to advance the ball ten yards. Back passes are not allowed. If they manage the nine meters, they get four new attempts. The goal of the game is to get the football into the opposing team’s goal zone.
4. There are six points for a touchdown. The subsequent “kick”, when the yellow goal is hit at the end of the field, is rewarded with another point. If a team instead tries a new touchdown, there are two more points if they are successful. Three points are awarded for a shot through the goal without prior touchdown.
5. The actual playing time is 60 minutes, divided into four “quarters” of every 15 minutes. But with game breaks, time-outs and commercial breaks, games usually last much longer – usually three to four hours. In the middle of the game, the legendary break show takes place. This year should Eminem, Snoop Dogg, dr dr, Kendrick Lamar like Mary J Blige share the scene (more information on the break below).
Here’s what you should know about Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow
1. Joseph Lee Burrowcalled joefrom the Cincinnati Bengals is only 25 years old and this is only his second season in the NFL.
2. He was still acting in high school basketball. With an average of 20 points, he was one of the best young players in his home state of Ohio.
3. He is with Athens, Ohio, grew up. With a poverty rate of 30 percent, the small town is one of the poorest areas in the United States. When Burrow received the Heisman Award for the most promising player in the College League, he recounted in his speech of thanks how he suffered from hunger as a young man. After the emotional performance, the Americans donated about $ 500,000 to various utilities in the area.
4. When journalists were recently asked about his thick and ornate necklace, Burrow said: “The diamonds are definitely genuine. I make too much money to have fake.”
5. It was by no means always clear that Burrow would one day have such a career. When he was still in college, a coach scolded him and said, “You throw like a girl.” Burrow later left the team, but said today that the bullying at the time made him stronger.
6. In the dressing room stands one chessboard. During breaks and interruptions, Burrow plays against his teammates. He trained his chess knowledge in online courses.
Here’s what you should know about Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford
1. In fact, Stafford’s first name John. But since childhood, he has been called by his second – Matthew.
2. Stafford switched from the Detroit Lions to the LA Rams earlier in the season after 12 years.
3. Stafford holds numerous NFL records. For example, he was the youngest quarterback to throw five or more touchdowns in a single game. But at the same time, he is also the quarterback there most errors power. This is mainly because he always plays with great risk.
4. Until this season, Stafford had never won a playoff game in their twelve years in the NFL.
5. He is the father of four daughters. If ever a movie is made about him, he would like it Leonardo dicaprio playing him.
6. At 34, he is only two years younger than him Coach LA Rams Sean McVay. Also ZacTaylor, the coach of the Bengals, is only 38 years old. That means two coaches under 40 will meet in this final. An exception in the NFL, where most teams are coached by older men.
The most important fun facts about the mega event
1. After Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl Sunday is the day that most food is consumed in the United States. Primarily chicken wings Are popular. The National Chicken Council estimates there will be $ 1.42 billion during this year’s Super Bowl chicken wings consumed. Set up, you could put your wings three times around the ground. About 3,600 tons of guacamole are also consumed.
2. Den show at halftime is legendary. Five superstars appear this year: Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Mary J Blige. Together, the five have won a total of 44 Grammys. Despite 17 nominations, Snoop Dog is the only one who has never received one of the coveted music awards. Eminem is the most decorated in the group with 15 Grammys.
3. It is expected that more than 100 million fans tune in worldwide for shows only. Contrary to many people’s beliefs, the stars of the “Halftime Show” are not paid by the NFL for their performance. The customer Costs for the technology, the stage or the costumes are taken over.
4. On average, the break show lasts 13 minutes. In 1970, Broadway star Carol Channing became the first musician to ever perform at the Super Bowl.
5. Around the Super Bowl gives the Americans appreciated $ 1.3 billion out of.
A commercial costs $ 6.5 million
6. Den New England Patriots and Denver Broncos have each lost five times in the Super Bowl, making them the two teams with the most final defeats.
7. a ticket for the first Super Bowl in 1967 cost $ 12. In the last five Super Bowls, fans have paid an average of about $ 6,214 for a ticket. This is mainly due to the fact that many tickets are resold. At this year’s Super Bowl, the cheapest ticket costs approx $ 5,000 – 29 percent less than the year before.
The Bengals are one of twelve teams in the NFL that have never won a Super Bowl. They were last in the final 33 years ago.
9. The so-called “The Vince Lombardy Trophy“, which is presented to the winning team at the end, has been produced by legendary jewelry maker Tiffany since the first Super Bowl in 1967 – at a workshop in Cumberland, Rhode Island.
10. Last year, players received $ 150,000 each from Tamba Bay Buccaneers bonus to win the Super Bowl. The defeated Chiefs still received $ 75,000.
11. Both quarterbacks carry number 9 on the shirt.
A night at a hotel near the stadium costs an average of $ 340.
13. At the Super Bowl Sunday, approx 49.2 million bottles of beer consumed in the United States. That’s 90 percent more than on a regular Sunday.
14. It is estimated that about 17 million Americans will have their Monday after the NFL Finals miss work. In all, this costs the economy about $ 4 billion.
15. A 30 second long commercial costs about $ 6.5 million during the Super Bowl this year. This means that the price has risen by an incredible 195 percent over the last 20 years. Companies are also rewarded for this: Advertising in the finals is about 20 times more effective than on any other day. Beer producer Anheuster-Busch alone has spent $ 482.3 million on advertising in recent years. Coca-Cola, on the other hand, does without a commercial for the second time.
16. Traditionally, the winning team drips each other with Gatorade sodas. Because it is available in different colors, you can bet on which color will be used this time. It should be easiest if the Bengals win. According to their club colors, they always use the orange version of the drink.